Civil Engineer or Senior Civil Engineer
We are seeking a Civil Engineer or Senior Civil Engineer to join us in our London office.
Webb Yates Engineers is a creative multidisciplinary engineering practice with offices in London and Birmingham. It prides itself on its close collaboration with architects to achieve intelligent, innovative structures and its large portfolio spanning from arts to aviation, prototyping to housing, and inflatables to loadbearing stone.
Webb Yates Engineers is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer with 3-5 years or a Senior Engineer with 5 years’ plus experience. Candidates will ideally have a degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering and work towards a professional qualification.
Candidates will have the ability to carry out analysis and design of drainage systems, hard standing and highways works, and must have knowledge of producing viable civil engineering solutions, within the scope of a design brief, taking account of critical constraints, safety, sustainability and cost
Candidates will have relevant experience in civil engineering design, including drainage, SuDS, highways and infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside more senior engineers on all stages of the structural and civil design of buildings and other projects. This will include initial scheme design of options, design development and coordination with other members of the design teams, detailed design calculations, assisting in the preparation of working drawings and details, together with site inspections.
Duties and key responsibilities / role:
- Engineering Level 7 (MEng or equivalent qualification)
- Commitment to Webb Yates Engineers policies and code of conduct
- Act professionally and with due regard to the public interest and to the interests of all those affected by our professional activities
- Liaise, collaborate and coordinate with other project team members
- Attend meetings and representing the organisation externally
- Produce project deliverables in line with budget and time constraints
- Produce project deliverables within the allocated time and budget
- Production of project deliverables such as drawings, calculations, reports and specifications
- Ensure the checking and reviewing of your work
- Undertake discipline specific analysis and design
- Produce viable technical solutions, within the scope of a design brief
- Specify and co-ordinate the use of materials and systems
- Design using relevant design codes and supplementary information
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Commitment to develop professional skills
- Work towards professional chartered status
- Responsible for developing and maintaining external peer level relationships
- Support senior team where required in bidding new projects
- Support business development by maintaining project relationships
- 25 days annual leave excluding bank holidays (increased for long service by one additional day for 3 years, 5 years, 8 years and 10 years)
- Company pension scheme
- Day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech scheme
- Relaxed and sociable culture with regular staff social events
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave benefits
- Reimbursement of professional subscription and membership fees
- Season ticket loan
- Support in working towards professional status with relevant institution for the job role
Employment type: Full-time/permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application process: If you would like the opportunity to join our team and have the right to work in the U.K., please write to us with your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference CELON2024