Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
We are seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join Webb Yates Engineers in our London office.
Webb Yates Engineers is a creative multidisciplinary engineering practice with offices in London and Birmingham. It prides itself on its close collaboration with architects to achieve intelligent, innovative structures and its large portfolio spanning from arts to aviation, prototyping to housing, and inflatables to loadbearing stone
Webb Yates Engineers is looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with minimum 3-6 years’ experience. Candidates will ideally have Engineering Level 6 or equivalent qualification and the Chartered Engineer status, preferably MCIBSE but alternative equivalent acceptable.
Candidates will have the ability to carry out analysis and design of building services systems and produce viable building services solutions, within the scope of a design brief, taking account of critical constraints, safety, sustainability and cost and the ability to carry out analysis and design of building services systems.
Candidates need to be confident in working independently as well as part of a team. Ideal candidates will have excellent client-facing and internal communication skills to motivate and lead projects and experience in mechanical design role running projects from conception through to completion.
Candidates will have experience of health and safety requirements and legislation and knowledge of relevant environmental and sustainability issues.
The successful candidate will be expected to be responsible for leading a building services engineering team producing designs and project deliverables, liaising with clients, attending meetings and construction sites, supervising and checking the production of project deliverables and leading day-to-day aspects of a range of projects.
Duties and key responsibilities / role:
- Developing mechanical and building services engineering designs including undertaking analysis, preparing calculations and sketches.
- Preparing reports and specifications
- Assisting with managing the preparation of engineering deliverables
- Checking and reviewing of engineering designs and deliverables
- Liaising, collaborating and coordinating with other project team members
- Attending meetings and representing the organisation externally
- Carrying out site visits and surveys
- Assisting with the managing of projects and other staff members
- Acting professionally and with due regard to the public interest and to the interests of all those affected by our professional activities
- Undertaking technical and personal self-development
- Undertaking other tasks typical of an engineering design practice
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social and wellbeing activities
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave benefits
- Flexible working
- Reimbursement of professional subscription and membership fees
- Season ticket loan
- Support in working towards professional status with relevant institution for the job role
Employment type: Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application process: If you are interested in working on some interesting and challenging projects and have the right to work in the U.K., please write to us with your CV and cover letter at email@example.com quoting the job reference SMELON.